May 9, 16, 23, 30, 2007
Intended for those who are new to TB control or have limited experience in TB, these four, 2-hour sessions include an introduction to TB transmission and pathogenesis, tuberculin skin testing, diagnosis and management of TB disease and latent TB infection, contact investigation, infection control, and interviewing skills.
CME and CE units are not being offered for this recording and there is no participant evaluation
- Adobe Flash Player for viewing audio&video recordings.
- High-speed Internet connection (DSL or faster)
- Adobe's Acrobat Reader for viewing PDF handouts.
- Play Session1: Introduction to TB
- Play Session2: Treatment of TB/LTBI
Note: the audio portion of this recording will commence after 4 minute 38 second (00:04:38).
- Play Session3: Contact Investigation and Interviewing Skills
- Play Session4: Infection Control and Tuberculin Skin Testing
- Session 1: Introduction To TB
- Transmissions and Pathogenesis of TB
Masae Kawamura, M.D. (PDF 569 KB)
- Diagnosis of TB Disease
David Park, M.D. (PDF 1045 KB)
- Session 2: Treatment of TB/LTBI
- Management and Treatment of TB Disease and LTBI
Carol Pozsik, R.N., M.P.H. (PDF 400 KB)
- Session 3: Contact Investigation and Interviewing Skills
- Contact Investigation
Kim Field, R.N., M.S.N. (PDF 269 KB)
- An Introduction to Interviewing Skills
Michael Joseph, B.A. (PDF 543 KB)
- Session 4: Infection Control and Tuberculin Skin Testing
- Personal Infection Control
Janet Abernathy, R.N. (PDF 272 KB)
Carol Pozsik, R.N., M.P.H. & John Bernardo, M.D. (PDF 395 KB)