Tuberculosis Section (TB)
Train the Trainer: TB Update and Skin Test Certification
NOTE: This class does not cover any content regarding TB disease, testing or treatment. The focus of this class is on presentation skills and organization of a standardized State TB Update and Skin Test Certification class.
||Train the Trainer: TB Update and Skin Test Certification Course.
Learn how to teach the standardized state course.
||See calendar on "Education and Training Opportunities"
||2 Peachtree St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
||There is no fee charged for this course.
||Download the registration form here.
- Be currently TST certified by the state or in the process of certification
- Have clinical experience in administrating, measuring and interpreting tuberculin skin tests
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Locate resources needed to develop and present TB training.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare material for presentation.
- Demonstrate oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrate giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Plan, present & document the standardized state course “TB Update and Skin Test Certification Workshop.”
- Each participant has a thorough knowledge about TB disease, transmission, treatment and testing.
- Each participant will be assigned a topic prior to the class and will be expected to prepare and present a 5 minute presentation at the beginning of this class.
- Each participant will receive constructive critiques of their presentation and will provide constructive critiques to the other participants during the class.
- Each participant will schedule, prepare and present the state standardized “TB Update and Skin Test Certification Workshop” under the supervision of a state TB Nurse Educator/Consultant within 1 year from the date of this class.
- Each participant will offer, schedule, prepare & present TB training within their facility and will notify the Georgia TB Program of such trainings.
If interested in becoming an instructor, complete and fax the registration
form to 404-463-3460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with date of initial certification and latest renewal date.
For more information email email@example.com or call 404-657-2634