Directly Observed Therapy Training Curriculum for TB Control Programs
The binder is out of print.
This training curriculum was developed to improve the skills of DOT workers in public health TB control programs. It is targeted to TB controllers, program managers, health educators and others who train DOT staff. This skill-based curriculum addresses the following topics:
- Overview of TB epidemiology
- Overview of TB case management
- Description of DOT activities
- Skills to promote patient adherence to TB treatment
- Patient education
- Role of incentives and enablers
- Protecting patient confidentiality
- Working with culturally diverse populations
- Working with interpreters
- Working with homeless and/or substance using clients
- Field safety
- Respiratory protection
The materials online include a trainer’s guide and participant materials, as well as handouts, training outlines, PowerPoint presentations and an educational videotape.