Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Programs Available
- Grant funded programs offered by the STD Section:
- Comprehensive STD Prevention System (CSPS)
- STD-Related Infertility Prevention Project (IPP)
- Georgia Syphilis Elimination Project (SEP)
- Gonorrhea Isolate Surveillance Project (GISP)
- Listing of planned statewide meetings for state and county public health workers,
as well as the private sector.
- STD Coordinators Meeting
- IPP Regional Meeting
- Screening and Treatment
- A listing of screening and treatment guidelines for STDs in Georgia.
- Professional Training/Education
- A listing of STD Section trainings for the public health professional. This
area includes descriptive information about courses, as well as registration
- Course Descriptions
- Course Schedule
- Training Application
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Description of how the STD section assures for the quality of STD treatment
throughout the state.
- Public Awareness
- A listing of special projects designed to increase STD awareness in Georgia.
- Reporting of STDs
- A listing of the relevant rules and regulations that govern the STD section,
as well as forms used for reporting STDs throughout the state.
- Notifiable Disease/Condition Report Form
- State Electronic Submission Form Request
- Albany Regional PHL Form
- Waycross Regional PHL Form
- Specimen Collection Outfit Order Form
- Bacteriology (Feces Specimen) Submission Form
- Related Links
- A listing of some commonly used sites used for supplemental purposes.
- STD Epidemiology
- This branch of Public Health is responsible for the collection, analyses, interpretation,
and dissemination of data on HIV/AIDS and STDs in a confidential and secure
manner, collaborating with CDC, state, and local entities for public health
purposes, and providing HIV/STD epidemiologic support.