Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and Other Infant Death (OID) and Crib Matching Program Information
- "Back is Best" Brochure
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is the number one cause of death in infants between one week and one year of age. DPH has developed a Georgia-specific educational brochure for parents of newborns, "Back is Best". Copies are now available to hospitals, health departments, and interested others through DHR Central Supply. To order this and other brochures and forms in quantity, please download and submit our order form.
- Georgia SIDS Charts and Graphs
- Charts and graphs detailing SIDS in Georgia
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Information, Support & Referral Program Fact Sheet
- A one page fact sheet describes the Georgia Public Health Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Information, Support, and Referral Program's purpose and goals.
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and the Child Care Provider
- A brochure encompassing common questions and answers, as well as recommendations.
- Georgia SIDS Project E-Zine Electronic Update
- The Georgia SIDS Project produces a monthly news and latest research update in PDF format. These documents contain links to research articles and information, so users can easily navigate and/or access additional information.
- Sample Drill: Emergency Procedures for An Unresponsive Infant
- How to run emergency drills for SIDS emergencies in a child care setting.
- Setting Policy on Infant Sleep Position
- Information on how to create policies governing sleep position in a daycare setting.
Families who have experienced the sudden and unexplained death of their babies describe how SIDS has impacted their lives. Additional stories will be added to this site. Please submit your story by e-mail to email@example.com.