- The Georgia Flavor Newsletter
The Georgia Directory of Nutrition Professionals – Application Form
Preconception Nutrition Position Paper 2006
- This paper explains the Georgia Department of Public Health, Nutrition Services Unit's stance on the importance of assessing nutrition status, and making necessary changes prior to conception. Preconception nutrition is one of a number of important
preconception health topics women of child-bearing age should be informed
about prior to pregnancy.
- Obesity in Georgia's 3rd Grade Children
- The purpose of this report is to describe the burden of obesity in Georgia's 3rd grade children and highlight immediate actions needed to address the childhood obesity epidemic.
Take Charge of Your Health, Georgia!
Georgia's 10-year Nutrition and Physical Activity Plan
Georgia's Nutrition and Physical Activity plan (2005-2015)
is a ten-year, comprehensive plan to prevent and control obesity and other chronic diseases
by increasing breastfeeding, improving healthy eating habits, increasing physical activity and
decreasing television viewing/screen time. Education, policy and environmental strategies are
identified. The plan was developed by the Georgia Department of Public Health Division of Public
Health and the Take Charge of Your Health, Georgia Task Force.
and Obesity in Georgia 2005
- This report summarizes the burden of overweight and obesity in Georgia.
The report also highlights strategies to prevent obesity by increasing breastfeeding
initiation and duration, improving healthy eating habits, increasing physical
activity and decreasing television viewing. The information presented in this
report is intended to help plan, implement and evaluate programs to promote
healthy behaviors in all Georgians.
Overweight Among Middle and High School Students In Georgia,
- This report summarizes
the most recent data available on the prevalence of overweight among middle
and high school students aged 11 to 18 years in Georgia. The report also describes
the differences among sex and race groups. Recommendations for prevention
of overweight in children and adolescents are discussed.
- Resources for
Children with Special Needs: A Handbook for Families and Professionals
- This handbook created by the Georgia Folic Acid Task Force has useful information
for parents and professionals, including: a brief description of neural tube
defects and the role of folic acid in prevention; instructions for obtaining
a Deeming Waiver which may assist parents with the financial aspect of obtaining
medical care for a disabled child; and a list of agencies to assist care givers
in finding a wide variety of resources for children with special needs.
- Status of Obesity
in Georgia 2000
- This telephone survey was conducted to determine behaviors, attitudes, and
knowledge concerning nutrition and physical activity.
- Nutrition Program Fact Sheets
Fruits & Veggies – More Matters
Breastfeeding Promotion, Education and Support
Comprehensive, Population-Based Approach Nutrition Program
VENA: Value Enhanced Nutrition Assessment
Package and Infant Formula