Infant & Child Health
To provide leadership and resources to communities in the development of a comprehensive system of care designed to improve the health and well being of infants and children and their families.
Goals and Objectives:
Goal 1: Improved Health status of children 0 - 21.
- Objective 1.1 To reduce infant morbidity and mortality due to all causes.
- Objective 1.2 To reduce infant mortality associated with congenital disorders in newborns.
- Objective 1.3 To reduce morbidity and mortality associated with violence and injury.
Goal 2: Improved services for children ages 0 - 21.
- Objective 2.1 To improve the integration and coordination of the Maternal Child Health (MCH) delivery system at the organizational and individual level.
- Objective 2.2 To develop effective partnerships with families, providers, and community organizations to assure appropriate treatment services for identified medical conditions and referrals to appropriate services.
- Objective 2.3 To develop standards and measures of quality assurance for MCH services.
- Objective 2.4 To build and strengthen collaboration/ integration among services for children ages 0 - 21 in Georgia.
Goal 3: Improved systems supporting children ages 0 - 21.
- Objective 3.1 To collaborate in the development of information systems to support decision making.
- Objective 3.2 To assure the MCH workplace possesses the skills sets and competencies relevant to the evolving health environment.