Mushroom, Tomato, Basil Frittata
Frittatas such as this one are a great addition to your healthiest way of eating any time of day. They not only provide great flavor but health-promoting nutrients such as vitamin K selenium and iodine. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS + 1 TBS chicken broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 medium tomato, seeds removed, diced
- 3 large eggs
- 3 TBS chopped fresh basil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion over medium low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1 TBS broth, tomato, salt, and pepper and cook for another minute. Stir well, and gently scrape pan with a wooden spoon to remove any slight burning.
- Beat eggs well, and season with salt and pepper. Mix in chopped basil. Pour eggs over vegetables evenly and turn heat to low. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until firm. Cut into wedges and serve.
Source: The Georgia Mateljan Foundation
TV Features PH Leadership |
Gov, commitment to HIV |
Volunteer Makes Difference |
PH Leaders Named Rock Stars |
School Nurses Fight Diabetes |
PH Meets Mobile Tech |
Immigrants at Greater Risk |