3-Minute Swiss Chard
Swiss chard is one of our most nutrient-rich foods and one that is so easy to
prepare. It is a great complement to almost any meal.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
• 1 lb Swiss chard, chopped
• 1 medium clove Chopped Garlic
• 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
• salt and black pepper to taste
• 6 kalamata olives
• 1/2 cup feta cheese
• 1 tsp tamari soy sauce
1. Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting
2. Use a large pot (3 quart) with lots of water. Make sure water is at a rapid
boil before adding Swiss chard.
3. Cut off tough, bottom part of Swiss chard stems.
4. Add the chopped leaves to the boiling water. Do not cover. Cook for 3
minutes; begin timing as soon as you drop the Swiss chard into the boiling
5. Place in colander and press out excess water.
6. Transfer to serving dish and toss with rest of ingredients while it is still
7. Using a knife and fork, cut Swiss chard into small pieces for better flavor.
Source: The George Mateljan Foundation
Positive Attitude About HIV |
Russian Delegation |
900K for Breast Cancer |
Obesity vs Flu Vaccines |
Weight Gain |
in Toyland |
and AIDS Education