Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Yield: 6 servings
1 pound chicken tenders or breasts (see recipe for marinade)
1 box whole wheat pasta*
3 bell peppers *recommended 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow
1 package white mushrooms
1 red onion
1 package spinach
1 can chickpeas
1/2 can chicken broth
Marinade for chicken
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 pinch corn starch
1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
1 pinch powdered ginger
1. In a large bowl, mix the orange juice, soy sauce, Sriracha hot sauce,
powdered ginger and corn starch.
2. Slice the chicken into about 1 ½ inch cubes
and place in the bowl with the marinade, cover with plastic wrap, and put in the
refrigerator for 10 minutes.
3. Cut peppers into slices and chop the mushrooms and red onion. Strain and
4. Heat the vegetable oil and garlic in a medium size pan. A wok is ideal, but a
pan will serve the same purpose. Cook the chicken for about 8 minutes.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside for later
use. Heat the pan with garlic and vegetable oil and add the peppers, red onion,
and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes, occasionally moving around the
vegetables to evenly cook them.
6. Add chickpeas and spinach, cook for a few minutes until the spinach begins to
7. Add chicken broth and continue to move around ingredients to evenly cook
them. Lower the heat of
the pan to a low simmer and cover.
8. Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water according to package directions and toss
with a touch of vegetable oil. Serve stir fry with the pasta.
From the NYC Greencart Cookbook
Flu Campaign |
District Wins EPA Award |
Hands Making You Sick? |
Columbus Closes Gap |
Dental Hygiene |
Staying Fit as We Age |
Armies of Germs |