Data Policy & Information Systems Use
- Data Policy Committee
- Includes a description of the committee's purpose, and links to specific working groups. Working groups engage in business analysis, apply data requirements to information and management systems, develop data quality standards, and define data specifications.
- Core Data Elements
- A statement of purpose regarding the creation of core data elements for the Division. The principle of public health analysis by five dimensions (age, race, sex, time and place) have been adopted by the Division.
- Standard Data Item Properties for Age, Race, Sex (Person); City, State, Street (Place); Dates (Time); and Other Data Items
- Includes the name, definition, valid values, data type, field length, units and levels of measurement and analysis, and derivation (if applicable) of public health core data elements.
- Gold Standard Data Quality Protocol, 2nd. Ed.
- Outlines procedures to improve the quality of data collected within the Georgia Department of Public Health.
- District Health Planning Training Manual
- A step-by-step guide for health planners. Includes identifying target populations utilizing standardized mortality ratios (SMR's). Includes blank templates for local use, and includes discussion on such topics as age-adjustment and objective setting.
- Standard Definitions of Public Health Terms and Measures, 2.6
- A list of terms related to the measurement of time, mortality, geographic, perinatal, and demographic variables.