Diabetes surveillance is conducted to provide information on diabetes for the state of Georgia and to serve the public health needs of the citizens of our state.
- To calculate prevalence, hospitalization, and mortality rates of diabetes in Georgia.
- To provide diabetes data to the diabetes control program and assist staff in developing strategies and evaluating effectiveness.
- To provide technical assistance and consultation regarding epidemiology of diabetes, risk factors, and preventive practices to community public health partners, district staff, legislators, and the public.
Data & Reports
2013 Diabetes and Smoking Data Summary
2013 Diabetes and Eye Disease Data Summary
2012 Diabetes Burden Report
2009 Diabetes Surveillance Report
2008 Diabetes Data Summary
2008 Diabetes Program and Data Summary
2008 Kidney Disease Data Summary
2008 Vision Impairments Data Summary
Diabetes Data Summary 2006
- Diabetes Program and Data Summary 2006
- Diabetes Data Summary 2005
/ Kidney Report, 2005
- Diabetes Report, 2003 Georgia
- Diabetes Fact Sheet
- This document provides highlights on prevalence of diabetes by sex, age, and race for adult Georgians based on 2001 data, as well as deaths and hospitalizations based on 2000 data.
- Diabetes in Georgia Map
- The map shows the percentage of adult Georgians who know they have diabetes by county.
- Diabetes Prevalence, Hospitalizations, and Deaths by County Table
- This table showed the estimated number and percentage of adults who know they have diabetes in each county, the number and rate of deaths, and hospitalization for diabetes as a primary cause by county.
- Diabetes-related Complications Table
- This table utilized hospital discharge data to estimate the number of hospitalizations for certain diabetes-related complications.